School counselling staff are members of the school learning and support team. We are very lucky to have a team of 3 excellent school counsellors, Caitlin Smith, Lynda Purchase & Justin Sims, who are supported by our Student Support Officer, Ashleigh Cousins, and our Chaplain, Felicity Robinson.
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s learning and support team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
The school counselling service can:
- support students who are worrying about school work, friends, getting in trouble at school or feeling down
- help parents and carers make decisions about your child’s education
- assess a student’s learning and behaviour
- help teachers and students identify and address disabilities that may affect learning
- liaise with other agencies regarding student wellbeing.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit: